Scala Center's Mission
- Guide and support the Scala community
- Coordinate and develop open source libraries and tools for the benefit of all Scala users
- Provide deep, and quality, educational materials for Scala
- Communicate excitement about Scala. We want more people (programmers, teachers, scientists) to know about Scala’s strengths.
- Newcomers onboarding experience. We want newcomers to quickly get started in Scala, with no hassles.
- Robust and seamless tooling. We want the infrastructure that supports the Scala ecosystem to be reliable while being "invisible" to the end-users.
- Sustainability and governance. We want to make sure that the Scala infrastructure has no technical debt, and is easy to maintain. We want to help every actor of the community to contribute to Scala.
Who are we?
Brought to you by
The Scala Center is backed by EPFL, a world-class research university in Lausanne, Switzerland, several industries that depend on Scala every day, and countless individual members of the Scala community.
All of our members, individual and corporate, are actively involved in the Scala project. We are a coalition of individuals and organizations working together to contribute to Scala.
The best way to help is to get involved in the Scala project!
We also accept sponsorships/donations to be able to fund important project work that would otherwise not be possible.